中国战地联盟China Battlefield Union
一个有着17年历史的游戏战队<2003-2019>
搜索
查看: 4429|回复: 7

2142详细优化介绍~~求翻译

[复制链接]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-2 10:39:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
This is a Long post so People With Short Attention spans, probably have'nt Read this far anyway, so theres no need for me telling you to look away now!
I thought I would Write this up after reading some Posts with concern to how 2142 will run on their system (they work for BF2 aswell hence the title )
Well, I Am running the game with the following options:

Video
VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 2
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 2
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 0 (I had these off from the beta as they were bugged, I could)
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 0 (turn them on, but I'm used to it without them, so why hurt FPS)
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 1
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 1
VideoSettings.setResolution 1024x768@85Hz
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1 (100%)
VideoSettings.setUseBloom 0
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Audio
AudioSettings.setVoipEnabled 1
AudioSettings.setVoipPlaybackVolume 1
AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureVolume 1
AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureThreshold 0.0935538
AudioSettings.setVoipBoostEnabled 1
AudioSettings.setVoipUsePushToTalk 1
AudioSettings.setProvider "hardware"
AudioSettings.setSoundQuality "Medium"
AudioSettings.setEffectsVolume 0.800002
AudioSettings.setMusicVolume 0.497746
AudioSettings.setHelpVoiceVolume 1
AudioSettings.setEnglishOnlyVoices 0
AudioSettings.setEnableEAX 1

With these system specs:

AMD XP1900
FX5900U (256MBDDR)
SB Audigy
1GB PC2100 DDR ram.
2 x 40GB HDD 7200RPM

So basically I am pretty much on the bottom end of the spectrum PC wise, However, Alot of my settings are on medium and to pinch the phrase, "It runs Buttey Smooth". Including Inside Titans (although when the titans are moving it drops FPS a bit but it's still plyable).

Tips to getting your PC running the Game.

1) Rename you BF2142.exe to somethign else e.g. BF2143.exe (sometimes Nvidia and ATI put custom profiles and stuff in their drivers, and it can actually make it run worse, changeing the .exe file name solves this)

2)
Courtesy of EastCoastHandle
In some cases if you update your wrapper it may in fact increase performance. Although this WILL NOT work for everyone.

Here is what you do:
-vist this websit to obtain the most current wrapper
http://developer.creative.com/articl...&top=38&aid=46
-install the wrapper
-reboot
-go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and copy OpenAL32.dll and copy it to your desktop.
-rename the OpenAL32.dll from your desktop to BF2OpenAL.dll
-go to X:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\ copy file BF2OpenAL.dll and paste it in X:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\. This will create a duplicate of that file.
-Now copy and paste the BF2OpenAL.dll from the desktop to C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Battlefield 2142\
-delete your cache found here C:\Documents and Settings\your name\My Documents\Battlefield 2142\mods\bf2142\cache
-Start BF2141
-reselect your sound settings and video
-start up a match
-use "~" and type renderer.drawfps 1 then type game.lockfps 999
-look at the upper right corner and you will see your FPS. Conduct test inside the Titan both before and after. Has it increase or is it the same? Its better to examine your fps prior to install the new wrapper.

BF2OpenAL.dll 2.0.8.0 --version that comes with Bf2142
OpenAL32.dll 6.14.357.13 --newest version that you are updating to. Don't Forget if sounds go missing on high quality drop to medium (it's a 2142bug)

3) Change the Amount of PB checks on your system, Simply Join an ONLINE game bring teh console down and type PB_Sleep 500 (the Default is 60) then once you have typed that and pressed return type
PB_Writecfg (Saves the changes for the next time you load up)

PB actually advise you to do this, it's perfectly legal, and stops Punkbuster from checking on your system too frequently.

4) Defragment your Hard Drive, Seriously It can make a Massive Difference. Also I would advise running Scandis, also known as Checkdisk.
Go to Start > My Computer > right click on your Hard Drive, select Properties > Inside properties click on the Tools Tab > In the tool tab Click Error Checking, Check now.

5) Run Spyware Removal and Adware Removal Tools, And Virus Scan your computer, on a regular basis.

6) When Setting your Video Settings, don't automatically Tick All Low (if your low end like me) I actually Found All Low performance to be worse. The Reasoning behind this (I didn't believe this either when i Heard About it) Is that, setting everything to low, means your Graphics card isn't Realy doing an awful lot, compared to the CPU and if your CPU is on the low end, it's gonna make it worse. So in some cases liek myself, your actually better off setting a Few things to medium, to make the GFX card do alot of the donkey work, and distribute the workload evenly.

7) Update Your Drivers for your Sound card, Motherboad, and anything else in your system (except GFX card)

8) Don't necessarily, update your GFX drivers to the latest release Whilst this is often recommended it is not Always the best thing to do. For Example, My Card (FX 5900U) Gets ALOT and I mean ALOT more performance out of BF2 and 2142, when using the official 81.95 Drivers, than any of the latest releases (I used trial and error to determine this, using Driver Cleaner pro etc, in-betwen each driver change).
By all Means Test the latest Driver (I do) but always keep the ones that have never let you down, Backed up (unless you get graphical corruption/Errors or a New driver Actually Does beat your older driver for Performance) there is no need to change them.

9) Useless Services and Programs Running in the Background. If i Want to squeeze as Much Juice and RAM out of My computer I can cut my Background programs down to about 17 total. You can Switch Windows Themes off and Even explorer.exe To squeeze even more, running the game Via the task manager (to get explorer back in task manager just type explorer.exe in the run section and it boots it back up.)

http://majorgeeks.com/page.php?id=12 << This Shows What used to be BlackVipers Information on which services you can turn off, I would advise Everyone to Go with the "safe" option, this will Increase Performance all Accross your machine.

10) Cache/Ram Saver. Alot of people think these programs are a Crock, However, I swear by it. there is a Program Called CachemanXP:
You can get a Free Trial here http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Cacheman-XP.shtml

this program Is extremely Easy to use, equiped with an auto optimise feature (pretty much all you need). But one of the Best Features about this is the ability to manually Lower the ram useage of background programs.

e.g. typically, svchost.exe (one of them lol) can take up to about 20-30mb of your RAM, and explorer.exe can do the same, Not to mention you will have many other progs takeing up 5-10mb. all of this Adds up, and if you've only got 1gig like me, then you need as much of it as you can get.If you don't feel comfortable disabling explorer, (and you can't get rid of svchost.exe) then this program will at least let you reduce their RAM useage to only 1-2mb.

Therefore those extra 20-30mb or more of Ram useage can go toward Loading textures and Models in 2142/BF2.

11) Another Utility that has always helped me out in General Computer Upkeep is a Program called Tune up utilities 2004 (yeh i haven't updated this one for a while lol) It's not free, but it can delete all junk files on your computer freeing up precious HDD space. Clears all useless registry entries, and will Defrag your Registry too.

12) IGN have written a Good guide to useing TuneXP (Do not confuse with Tune up utilities, they are completely Seperate). http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/626/626714p5.html This guide helps you tune up windows XP Improving performance all-Around.

13) PCI Latency Tool can be found here http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/PCI_Latency_Tool/1105467085/1This Tool allows you to change the Latency timings of Various system components, such as your GFX card Sound Card buss ports etc. In New computers etc, the GFX card will Most likely Be set at a latency of about 256, and sound card sSometimes are at 128. decreaseing the latency timings on these Can decrease or irradicate stutter in audio or video you may suffer and can potentially increase FPS.

14) I also have applied Network Tweaks for correct MTU and RWIN settings to reduce pings etc, and Router Tweaks. I can't tell you how to do these as there individual to your own setup. But if you can research how to do them then I would advise doing so.

15) Page File Defragmentation. This is a 2 Part tip, firstly Make sure you set your pagefile size to NOt automatic e.g. Dont let windows handle it. Set the min and maximum Page file size to the same number. Now over time the pagefile can become fragmented. Normal Defragmentation does not effect the page file so you will need this handy utility.

http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html

Instructions on it's use can be found on that page.

16) Update Punk Buster Regularly. I know It's supposed to Update It'self but It never seems to do that for me to go to the punkbuster site, http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php and download pbsetup. every so often simply run this program and it will keep your Games up to date. (I know the bf2142 demo is not added at present but it will apply when the game is released.

And I think that about Wraps it up I Currently Can't think Of any Other Tweaks I run, I apologise in advance for Spelling errors.

I hope this Helps some people out. Remember Not everything posted will work for Everybody, however some of it is universal, and it does'nt matter how powerful your PC is, if you don't take care of it, the thousands of pounds you spent on it, are going to waste as it's probably performing about 2 steps down or more, so you may aswell have bought a mid range system.

My Rig is about 6 years old now this year, so buying and upgradeing smart with alot of Care means theres no need to spend thousands of pounds a year on PC equipment.

Thank You for your Time

Preacher

P.S. Remember Kids, If your Specs are the Same or Higher than mine, You have No Excuse for Saying BF runs poorly on your System

Happy Gameing

How it looks on my Rig.

老外的论坛找到的,我照搬的抄过来了,召唤英语达人翻译:]

[ 本帖最后由 tian7 于 2007-5-2 12:13 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-2 12:03:07 | 显示全部楼层
好长的E文……
这段所谓的优化其实只是一种设置调整上的平衡,作者的意图是流畅优先,其实当中很多设置很多人都做了,不是为了优化,而是为了流畅。
这些所谓的优化的代价就是画面效果的下降。

Video(图像设置)
VideoSettings.setTerrainQuality 2
VideoSettings.setGeometryQuality 2
VideoSettings.setLightingQuality 2
VideoSettings.setDynamicLightingQuality 0 (作者将动态光影给关了,这点看个人对图像要求,反正我是不能接受)
VideoSettings.setDynamicShadowsQuality 0 (关闭动态阴影,对ATI用户来说如果要开阴影可以考虑开到最低,对图像质量改变不大,对提升FPS倒有好处)
VideoSettings.setEffectsQuality 1
VideoSettings.setTextureQuality 2
VideoSettings.setTextureFilteringQuality 1
VideoSettings.setResolution [email=1024x768@85Hz]1024x768@85Hz[/email]
VideoSettings.setAntialiasing Off (关闭反锯齿AA,如果没有外部其他的AA设定,这点对全屏图像的质量影响是全方位的,我也关闭但在外部打开6xAA,否则画面……
VideoSettings.setViewDistanceScale 1 (视距100%,不过我个人认为机器不好的90%就差不多,除非你打狙击手)
VideoSettings.setUseBloom 0 (关闭亮度提升,对提升FPS有好处
VideoSettings.setVideoOptionScheme 3

Audio (音频设定)
AudioSettings.setVoipEnabled 1
AudioSettings.setVoipPlaybackVolume 1
AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureVolume 1
AudioSettings.setVoipCaptureThreshold 0.0935538
AudioSettings.setVoipBoostEnabled 1
AudioSettings.setVoipUsePushToTalk 1
AudioSettings.setProvider "hardware" (使用硬件音频,很多人用了OpanAL补丁之后这个就不行了
AudioSettings.setSoundQuality "Medium"  (我认为用“低”就可以了,立体声最重要,声音清脆倒在其次了
AudioSettings.setEffectsVolume 0.800002
AudioSettings.setMusicVolume 0.497746
AudioSettings.setHelpVoiceVolume 1
AudioSettings.setEnglishOnlyVoices 0
AudioSettings.setEnableEAX 1

作者的配置:
AMD XP1900
FX5900U (256MBDDR)
SB Audigy
1GB PC2100 DDR ram.
2 x 40GB HDD 7200RPM

CPU和显卡低了,内存也不足……

以下是作者的优化步骤:
1. 将BF2142.exe文件改个名字;作者认为某些N卡和A卡的驱动会针对程序名称加载一些没必要的设置内容;
2. 更换BF2OpenAL.dll,这个步骤和方法跟论坛上已经有的是一样的,就不翻译了;
3. 设定PB_Sleep 500,即PB检查的间隔时间设置为最大,用PB_WriteCFG保存(也已经有人发过了);
4. 整理磁盘,检查磁盘错误(……作者机器配置的确低,看来在磁盘上做点文章也是迫不得已);
5. 清理木马、恶意软件和病毒(呵呵,想起论坛里面某人……:坏笑 );
6. 设置BF2142的视频设置时,不要直接用给出的“全低”。作者认为游戏当中给出的全低配置内容上有问题,反而情况更糟糕。在机器配置并不是特别糟糕的情况下,可以试试从“中”开始。
7. 升级除了显卡之外的声卡、主板……一切可以升级的程序;
8. 可以考虑升级显卡驱动,但并不是必要。作者认为对很多显卡来说最新的驱动未必就是最好的选择;
9. 清除所有不必要运行的其他程序和服务(这里我补充一下:在Service当中有个Backgroud起头的服务,全称BIT,玩网络游戏前最好先手动给关了。这个服务是Windows的自动升级服务,会在后台自动检测系统漏洞并下载微软补丁,如果玩游戏的时候恰好有补丁可用,它会利用自己认为网络“不忙”的时间自作主张下东西);作者建议把Windows的主题甚至连Explorer.exe都给关了(关了之后桌面就没了,得自己手动恢复);
10. 清理内存和缓存。作者贴了个软件CachemanXP,lz修正了链接:http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Cacheman-XP.shtml,其实类似的软件很多;接下来作者挤牙膏似的说了遍占用内存的大户,但其实很多是关不得的,那个Svhost.exe是系统服务进程,大部分Windows基础功能都需要这东西加载,关不得(其实也关不掉);
11. 作者再次推荐了Windows优化软件Tune up utilities 2004 (现在最新版本是2007)。这个软件优化效果不错,值得推荐(我也在用)。这个软件对注册表的优化比较明显,但也不是灵丹妙药,配置不行该卡还是要卡;
12. 第三个推荐优化软件TuneXP 。作者如此煞费苦心,其实对硬件做个升级远比在这方面做文章来的效果显著;
13. PCI Latency Tool ?看作者的话该工具应该是可以改变系统PCI时钟同步异步频率的工具,作者从自身显卡的角度说做些设置修改可以增强FPS。但我的意见不熟悉的不要动这些,轻则系统故障,重则烧卡
14.  Network Tweaks软件,用于修改网络配置。类似的功能Tune up utilities里面也有,就是根据你的宽带情况微调网络连接设置。有效果但并不明显;
15. 整理页缓存文件。所谓页缓存文件就是Windows在磁盘上占用来当虚拟内存用的系统文件,一般是在C:\Pagefile.sys。对于物理内存不够的系统,这个文件非常重要。一般情况下把C盘预留足够的空间即可。但还是那句话,加内存比这些设置都来得快捷。作者给出了个工具:http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PageDefrag.html
16. 经常性升级PB。这个我相信论坛里面讨论的比作者想的还多。
-------------------------
看完了这篇E文,其实没什么新东西。以我之见,再给这个系统加条512M内存,即可在系统流畅度上提高一截,至少开局前磁盘读写即可少很多事。

[ 本帖最后由 smokyrain 于 2007-5-2 12:21 编辑 ]

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-2 12:05:49 | 显示全部楼层
5. 清理木马、恶意软件和病毒(呵呵,想起论坛里面某人……);

是deadpow吗:坏笑

该用户从未签到

楼主| 发表于 2007-5-2 12:18:10 | 显示全部楼层
改了一下,修复了链接:坏笑

关于第6点我也觉得很对,我机器配置很低,512+9550+2500,以前都是开最低的设置,fps15-25,后来有一次不小心设了几个中,发现fps居然升了,在30-40左右:心花怒放

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-2 20:46:45 | 显示全部楼层
还真有好人帮忙翻译啊 感动中!

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-3 01:13:13 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢了~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

该用户从未签到

发表于 2007-5-12 02:28:37 | 显示全部楼层
实用:心花怒放 ,只是看不懂
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 加入我们

本版积分规则

小黑屋|手机版|无图浏览|战地联盟 Battlefield Union ( 浙ICP备14036705号 )(浙公网安备33110202000192号)

GMT+8, 2019-6-17 05:41 , Processed in 0.087159 second(s), 20 queries , Redis On.